Why should we implement creativity in leadership?
- God invented creativity.
- Jesus modeled it.
- The Holy Spirit empowers it.
- And people desperately need it.
Creativity is not an option for the church; it is a biblical mandate that flows from the very character of the Creator. If church leaders are going to live out the challenging mission that God has laid out for the local church, we must unleash the creative potential available to us.
This book is the definitive answer for the question Ed Young hears over and over again. What have you done at Fellowship Church to remain creative and continue growing? Think of it as a field manual for doing church differently. Packed with details, this book covers the full spectrum of church leadership all in one place, including:
- Things they didn’t teach me in seminary
- A step-by-step look at message development
- Crafting effective illustrations
- Implementing team creativity
- How to keep your audience engaged
- Building a creative staff
- Overcoming obstacles to innovation
- Integrating multiple senses into your service
- Tips to keep the ideas flowing and avoid burnout
- A big-picture rundown for your weekend service
With practical case studies of proven creative leaders and candid Q&A sessions at the end of each section, this book offers concrete help and hope to those who need a jump-start in their creative planning.
If you’re looking for a resource to help you maintain the status quo, this is not it. But if you’re looking for a book that can help bring a sense of vitality and excitement to both your life and your organization, this book is for you.